NaNoWriMo Day 15 !!!!!

Whew, halfway there!!!

Today's word count is kind of low, BUT I spent most of the morning working out the next half of my NaNoWriMo journey.

Like I mentioned on the first few days, I'm following PLOT vs. CHARACTER by Jeff Gerke as a general outline for ORCHARD PASTRY (my WIP). Act one is officially complete- all the main characters have been introduced and are fully developed with their own quirks and personalities. I've shown the 'normal' daily living and dysfunction of Isa's family life. There are a couple subplots thrown in for good measure and now I've given a few 'inciting incidents' or 'bumps-in-the-road' so to speak, to Isa and her family.

Now, it's time for Act II and the conclusion. I plan to spend the next 10 days raising the stakes and tripping Isa up quite a bit. Then the last 5 days will be spent allowing her to see and finally accept a new normal and tie up all the loose ends. I have it mapped in my head, we'll see how it actually plays out in words.

TODAY'S WORD COUNT'
1,212

TOTAL WORDS:
25,808

ONLY 24,192 MORE TO GO!
(finally I have less to go than my total word count, let the countdown begin!)

Comments

Popular Posts