NaNoWriMo Day 6

Well, today was one of those days were I typed fifty to a hundred words and then got up to make a cup of coffee. Came back, decided that the laundry did indeed need to be attended to right at that moment and then sit back down to another couple hundred words, finally in the zone and my kids starting fighting and I had to get up and restore order.

BUT I got my ideas down and walked away and let it simmer for a few hours. Now, they're all in bed and the simmering did me well. I realized some things that could come now instead of later and pursued that path to end at 1,693 words.

I'm pleased and I've managed to keep meeting my quotas. Feels rewarding.

THEN I read the NaNoWriMo Pep Talk from Ginnifer Albin and I felt completely empowered.

i AM a writer. i WRITE books. 

That is now plastered on a post it note and across my brain. I can take claim to this and not just wait until I have validation from a published book. This is  my first NaNoWriMo, but not my first book, so I can claim this and own it.

My daily duties:

1. More obstacles. Pile it on.
2. New Girl's name is Emily and there is a spark of friendship here.
3. Isa's dad's health issues, getting worse- continue to develop this subplot...

DAILY WORD COUNT:
1,693

TOTAL WORDS SO FAR:
10,679

ONLY 39,321 TO GO! 

Comments

Popular Posts