NaNo Rule #16: Keep Notes In One Place

I'm not a naturally organized person.

When I started having children, I quickly learned the benefit of boxes and, in turn, IKEA. Now, my kids are box obsessed. They will tell their friends and anyone attempting to help clean up after a play date that they are putting something in the wrong box.

So, when it comes to writing I have learned that keeping separate notebooks for separate projects saves me loads of time rifling through random pages and notes to find that once sentence I knew I wrote down somewhere...

It's also useful during NaNo when I need to recall a name, place, or date that I was sure I mentioned in an earlier entry. I'd rather spend my time in productive writing then searching for the one piece of info and lose my flow of writing.

DAILY WORD COUNT: 1,635
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 27,078

Comments

Popular Posts