It's Never Too Late

It's never too late to blog Happy New Year! (this is after all my first post in 2015 so I am entitled to say this!)

And obviously it's never too late to go to bed...

I once blogged that books are like babies. They both have personalities and each baby or book gives you a problem the previous one didn't. You can try and apply the same principles to each baby/book as you set out to raise/write it, but sometimes you just have to shove those principles aside and go with your gut.

Well, there is another way books are like babies. They keep you up at night. 

Many times I've sat up in bed in the middle of the night to jot down an idea or to start writing a new first page or to rewrite entire chapters. Once, I had such a terrible headache, I got my eldest daughter to write down my ideas for me as I lay in bed. She already thinks I'm weird...

Also, because I live in Singapore I often have to wake up in the middle of the night to participate in webinars or twitter and blog events. Deadlines for contests or open windows are usually set smack dab in the middle of my sleep. But, like children, I love my writing and I wake up to make sure they are taken care of and that I'm doing my best for them.

Sleep, shmeep. Happy 2015 and happy writing! x


Comments

Popular Posts